Sunday, June 3, 2012

Victim


My fingers move over the tight rope,
feeling each string against my skin.
The soft silken thread,
so thin, so fragile,
yet it can form something strong.

Coarse and rough under my touch.
I tug, feeling it vibrate
with a soft twang through my skinny arms.

He sits on the chair, blinded and still.
His mouth is forced open, drooling.
Sliding off his lower lip, dripping
off his chiseled chin. His hair is wet.
His chest is bare, covered in sweat,
and the cotton pants dirty and torn.
What is the difference
between mud and blood?

I caress his forehead. Look at the
rosy cheeks blossoming like flowers.
If only he can stay like this
forever. My Greek god.

So I bind the rope around his neck.

I pull.

So delicate. The strings
and threads feel heavy now.
But my heart has never felt lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment